Undercast padding, Orthopedic bandages, Cast padding synthetic padding, Medical synthetic undercast padding, Synthetic padding provides a soft and protective under layer within a multi-layer compression bandage or plaster of paris bandage, helping to evenly distribute the gradient pressure of the bandages
Synthetic padding helps to cushion limb and bony areas, preventing sharp indentations or skin irritations which might otherwise be caused by compression bandaging or plaster of paris bandage. The fine, fibrous web structure of synthetic padding creates a”cotton-wool” like soft padding that is dense enough to be applied in a circular pattern without tearing, but is easily torn where needed. Easily tapered by pulling gently, the synthetic padding easily conforms to contours and “tough to fit” areas of the body. The self-adhesive properties of the material also facilitate crease-free application and helps to prevent slippage.
Material: 100% polyester fibers or cotton
- Retains fullness even with long-term wear high fleece density for comfort and protection
- Air permeable
- Does not absorb moisture
- Latex free
- Helps form a smooth surface for compression bandaging
- Reduces risk of irritation sores from rubbing,easy to tear
- Excellent conform ability allowing for a more comfortable fit and a smoother cast.
- Excellent cohesion allows for custom padding around bony prominences.
- Sterilizable with EO or GAMA Ray